Motor Racing, H:O Scale Slot Cars, Classic Cars, the building of my slot car circuit

Les courses automobiles francaises et voitures classiques

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Dijon MotorsCup 2016 - Historic Formula 2

Matthew Watts in his 2 litre March-BMW 772 leads the field on the first lap.  Matthew won from pole and also took fastest lap.
I don't think I have ever seen a historic F2 race before, so this race brought back many good memories of the cars I saw race at Crystal Palace and Thruxton in the seventies.  The series is for F2 cars that raced pre-1979 and is organised by the HSCC.   There are rounds at Donington, Brands Hatch, Monza, Zandvoort and Dijon with three claases, one for the 2,000ccc cars, one for the earlier 1,600cc cars and one for Formula Atlantic cars.  I particularly loved the 1,600cc cars of the early seventies.  It reminded me of Mike Hailwood, Ronnie Peterson, Emerson Fittipaldi and Tim Schenken racing in 1971 and 1972.
The March 782 driven by Frazer Gibney who finished fifth.
Two March 712Ms, a Surtees TS15 and a Chevron B40 battle it out.   Robert Simac in the red March won class A.
Nick Osborn in a March 732 who finished fifteenth.
The March 712M of Carlo Del Conte looking resplendent in its Ronnie Peterson colours.
The Lotus 69 of Roger Bevan.
The March 782 of Dean Forward who finished second 
The March 782 of Torgny Johansson who finished tenth.  I seem to remember that the slogan "Jesus Saves" was used by Alex Ribeiro who won at the Nurburgring in a similar car to this.
Richard Evans overtakes another car in his March 79B on his way to fourth place and victory in Class B.
The beautiful Brabham BT36 of Luciano Arnold who finished second amongst the older 1600cc cars.
The third placed March 752 of Phil Hall.
The Surtees TS15 of Jeremy Wheatley.
More from the Dijon Motors Cup if you click on the Motor Sport button at the top of this page.

All photos were taken from the spectator areas without a press pass.

John Etherton asserts his copyright to all of the photos on this blogpost.  However, you may post the photos elsewhere on the web as long as you credit the photographer, John Etherton, and this blog post, Rouenlesafx@blogspot.com and provide a link to this page.

John Etherton affirme son droit d'auteur à l'ensemble des photos sur ce billet de blog. Cependant, vous pouvez poster des photos ailleurs sur le web aussi longtemps que vous créditez le photographe, John Etherton, et ce blog, Rouenlesafx@blogspot.com et fournissez un lien vers cette page.


2 comments:

  1. Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I really like the information you provide here and can't wait to take
    a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded
    on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow,
    great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked the speed and content. Nice to know my site, which is purely amateur, is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete