Motor Racing, H:O Scale Slot Cars, Classic Cars, the building of my slot car circuit

Les courses automobiles francaises et voitures classiques

Sunday 12 December 2021

6ème Rallye du Médoc VHC/VHRS 2021

 

The highlight on my morning at the Rallye du Médoc 2021 was seeing this Lancia Stratos.

I have been to the Rallye du Médoc on a number of occasions and as it is now a relatively local rally for me, I just had to go in 2021, especially as I have been to so few events this year due to the Covid restrictions.  I always love to see the VHC cars, so I got up relatively early to see them on the stage 4 between Vendays and Montalivet.  For once, I found a relatively good place to take photos on a rally, with the cars coming towards where I was standing at Pey du Haut.  Unfortunately, I arrived just too late to see Bernard Darniche, a famous French rally driver from the past, open the rally with Vanina Ickx.  But I was there to see the VHC cars who always seem to lead the way.  It was rather dark and grey with some lingering fog but seeing all the lovely Lancias more than made up for the bad weather.  I hope you enjoy the photos I took.

The winner of the 2021 Rallye du Médoc VHC was this Lancia Delta driven by Paille/Gaudin.  Here it is in Parc Fermé on Saturday afternoon.
The second placed VHC car was this Lancia Delta Intégrale with the team of Hayet/Boisson.

The third placed VHC, a Porsche 911 SC driven by Vicaire/François.

In fourth place was the Opel Ascona of the Porchers.

Fifth placed Peugeot 205 rallye of Charron/Huesca.

This Porsche 911SC of Chauvin/Leblanc finished sixth.

Seventh placed BMW 323i of the Longes.

Final finisher was another Lancia Delta Intégrale teamed by Suire/Ducourneau.

Unfortunately the Stratos retired on the final stage.   It was driven by Leroy-Fleuriot/Audibert.

VHRS

There was also a regularity rally for classic cars going on at the same time.   Here are a few seen in the Parc Fermé on Saturday afternoon.

VHRS Alpine Renault A110.

VHRS MGB.

John Etherton asserts his copyright to all of the photos on this blogpost.  However, you may post the photos elsewhere on the web as long as you credit the photographer, John Etherton, and this blog post, Rouenlesafx@blogspot.com and provide a link to this page.

John Etherton affirme son droit d'auteur à l'ensemble des photos sur ce billet de blog. Cependant, vous pouvez poster des photos ailleurs sur le web aussi longtemps que vous créditez le photographe, John Etherton, et ce blog, Rouenlesafx@blogspot.com et fournissez un lien vers cette page.



No comments:

Post a Comment